The Jewish Federation of the Berkshires is seeking a creative and dynamic part-time Development Officer, to work in partnership with the executive director and lay leadership, to plan and implement our major gifts fundraising effort. This flexible position requires passion for our mission, excellent fundraising and organizational abilities, good humor and a goal-focused outlook. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and be able to successfully cultivate and nurture donor relationships.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategy for implementing annual campaign, specifically focusing on major gifts, in partnership with the Executive Director
- Build and steward trusted relationships with key stakeholders, donors, and board members and implement strategies to increase their level of financial commitment
- Identify, cultivate, and establish new donor relationships
- Identify, train and oversee volunteer solicitors
- Plan and implement a few fundraising events throughout the year with support from Executive Director and development assistant.
Skill and Competencies:
- Knowledge and respect for Jewish values and community
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of demonstrated fund raising success.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation , solicitation, and stewardship
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Highest degree of integrity, confidentiality, and dedication to the mission of the Federation
- Excellent verbal and written skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate to donors, volunteers, staff, board members and community members
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within an allocated budget
- Familiarity with development software and Microsoft Office suite
This flexible part-time position offers a rare opportunity to use your talents to benefit a greater good and work with caring individuals who share a commitment to helping those in need and strengthening Jewish community. We offer a competitive salary, extensive paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave. Family-friendly work and team environment.
Cover letter and resume should be sent to email@example.com.